Fell Running Pictures

Fell running pictures for fell runners

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhiwlas, Bangor, Gwynedd, North Wales

02/11/2010

Snowdon Marathon

Well, just like last year it was wet, windy and cold. The odd heavy shower of hail stones was an added problem. The new camera functioned well, the main problem was when to change batteries/CF cards, but I have that problem with any camera I use. I am running out of space on the CF card or running out of battery power just as I see a large group of runners coming through the gate on the skyline above me.
The biggest saviour of the day was my Wolfskin Mountain Umbrella, I only had to wipe the camera lens once, which was a wonder considering that the weather appeared to have taken it against me personally. I must have looked a right sight to the runners, jammed against the wall, hiding under my umbrella. BUT it worked, between the wall and the umbrella I ended up with a dry camera.
The pictures are up on the site, that took some time, I shot over 5K pictures, I will not rage about the lack of broadband in Rhiwlas, at least the community (including me) are trying to do something about it. Not surprisingly the village is the biggest "Not-spot" in Britain.
OK next weekend Saturday I hope to be at Park Hall to cover the North Staff's Cross Country Event and on Sunday I hope to be at Mad Jack's 5

Al.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home